Updated: Apr 1
A twist on the classic crispy cakes, these gooey Mars cornflake cakes are the perfect thing to make on your own or with the kiddies.
- 4 Mars Bars (or cheaper alternative)
- 150g Milk Chocolate
- 150g Butter/Margarine
- 250g Cornflakes
- 200g Golden Syrup
- 2 bags of Mini Eggs (optional)
You will also need:
- A cupcake/muffin tray
- Cupcake/muffin cases
- A large saucepan
- Cut up the Mars bars, break the chocolate up into squares
- Place the Mars bars, chocolate, butter and golden syrup into the saucepan on a low heat
- Keep stirring until fully melted, be careful not to let anything stick to the bottom
- Once fully melted, take off the heat
- Gently stir in the cornflake until fully coated
- Spoon into cupcake cases. The recipe makes enough for 12 muffin cases and 24 smaller cupcake cases.
- Make a little hole in the middle and place 3 mini eggs in
- Refrigerate until set and then store in an airtight container
Give them a go and let me know what you think! I bet they won't last long!